Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Christmas Prep

We tried to squeeze a lot of things in to the weekends before Christmas when Lance was with us.  Being in Salt Lake before Christmas is fun because it really does feel so magical with the snow and decorations all around. 

We all loved going to see Frozen in the theatre.  The girls were especially enthralled by it and have been signing the songs and watching clips of YouTube non-stop ever since.



I somehow fit in getting in another annual Christmas card.  I love having and receiving Christmas cards so much.  Every year mid project I am reminded that it is no quick task though.

 
 
Lance and I got in a rare date night that was so fun.  I've loved listening to the Lower Lights for years now and have always wished to see them preform live.  So, when I heard about their Christmas tickets becoming available I quickly got some.  It was lots of fun and I was so glad we got to go.  It was very festive and a perfect pre Christmas date.


 
Going to see the lights at Temple Square is always high on our list.  You can't really grasp the magnitude of the number of lights until you experience it in person.  That night we also drove through Grandma's Park where they light up tons and tons of luminaries which we thought was really nice.  We also drove through a few of the local neighborhoods that are know for lights.  Looking at lights is another favorite activity.  This year Zuri really got in to spotting lights from the car.



 
 
There was a Church kids Christmas party that the girls and I attended.  Kai was at basketball practice.  This was Zuri's first actual encounter with Santa this year and she went right up to him and got on his lap.  My what a difference a year makes. 


 
Kai and Rori had Holiday Programs at their schools which I loved.  It does make me excited for the day when they are at the same school however.  On the morning of Kai's we were getting dumped on with snow so Zuri and I got on our snow gear and hiked through it to his school.  It was one of the many days this year that I have been so grateful that his school is in walking distance.  Zuri did pretty well getting most of the way there, but eventually I did have to throw her on my hip and carry her up the rest of the hill which meant I got in a pretty good snow workout.



(the view out the window at Kai's school during the program)
 
 
*My apologies for the lack of quality in these photos.  I've been lazy and haven't been lugging my big camera around enough and have been instead using my phone which isn't the greatest for inside pictures.  At least it makes it easy to get some pictures instead of getting none.  


No comments: