Saturday, January 04, 2014

First Stop- Christmas Trip 2013

We were anxious to get as much time as possible with Lance over the Christmas break so we planned that the kids and I would head to Vegas as soon as Kai's last before Christmas basketball game was finished.  A big storm was expected and I was nervous the night before that we might not be able to get out.  I am a wimp about driving in the snow (it is the icy roads and lack of visibility that freak me out) so I wasn't thrilled at the prospect of getting in the midst of the storm trying to do the long drive by myself with the kids.  Thankfully Kai's game was first thing in the morning and the snow held off throughout the game.  I threw the kids in the car right after the last play and we were off.  I think we beat the bulk of the storm which I am so grateful for as we really wanted to get to Lance and would have been bummed to have been stuck in SLC for longer.  There were a few parts of the drive where the conditions weren't ideal, but I sure was glad when the sun came out and the snowy roads were behind us.  It was great to finally make it to Lance and get to spend a few days in Vegas before we hit the road again for San Diego.  We were able to squeeze in a few of our favorite Christmas things there as well which was fun.  We went and checked out the Belagio display after Church.  It remains such a strange feeling to be living lives in so many places right now. 







No comments: