Wednesday, March 30, 2011

31 Weeks




We're at 31 weeks and a few days of this pregnancy which means that we are getting pretty close to welcoming our new little family member. I'm feeling pretty good at this point and actually feeling a little like the time has been going by pretty quick. The end stretch is bound to be long, but we've got lots going on and several things on the "do before the baby comes" list that should help with that. Here are a few random thoughts about this pregnancy:

-I felt pretty green for the 1st 10 weeks or so of this pregnancy, but continued my streak of not ever really getting sick. This is something I am very thankful for. I don't know how people do it that are sick the whole time.

-In the beginning I overdosed of honey wheat pretzels as it was all that was appealing. Since then I've been pretty good with most foods although some things just haven't tasted as good as I remember them usually tasting. Most recently I've noticed a desire for soda- slurpees sound quite delicious, but they usually do to me.

-I had some fairly wicked sinus issues for a few weeks mid pregnancy that weren't too fun. I guess sinus stuff is pretty common in pregnancy, but this was a first for me. I've wondered if things were further aggrevated by being in a new climate with new potential things to be allergic to. It didn't last too long though, and since then I've been extra grateful to be able to breathe through my nose on a regular basis.

-My only current complaint is due to acid reflux. This is something I have experienced with each pregnancy. I am currently sleeping with 4 pillows- 3 under my head and one body pillow (I'm sure Lance is grateful that we have a large bed). I've also made friends with some Pepcid and Tums in an attempt to avoid finding myself sitting straight up in bed in the middle of the night with my throat on fire. The combination seems to be working pretty well recently so that has also been good.

-We are still thinking that it is pretty fun to not know the sex of #3. There are just a few new things I'm wishing for for this baby where it would be helpful to know the sex, but overall not knowing is making the actual birth day pretty exciting. Going in for a 3rd c-section isn't the most fun so it is nice to have that as a distraction. If we didn't already have boy and girl stuff I'm not sure I could handle it, but in our situation it is pretty neat.

-Kai is guessing boy although he points out that Lance's siblings each have 2 girls and 1 boy, Rori says girl but she may just be telling us that she is a girl, most of our family seems to be guessing boy, a random man came up to me and told me it was a boy- which was strange, the Wilkinson's are having a boy which makes us wonder if for once we will have the same sex at the same time or keep up the trend of going opposites, I felt more green at the beginning like I did with Rori, Lance will only guess that it will be a baby, and the tech who did the ultrasound claimed that she didn't look either so really nobody knows.

-We still need to focus on coming up with names. We are really struggling this time around and it stresses me out just looking for names. We've gone away from it for a time, but I suppose we better get going on it again sometime here soon. Ideas anyone?

-Lance and I went and did the hospital tour Monday night so now we know where to go and have a better idea of the place. So that was a good thing to check off the list.

-We'll probably get the c-section date set in the next few weeks which is exciting and will make it really seem like it is happening so soon. We'll keep everyone updated!

6 comments:

jena wise said...

you look SO good! I would have guessed you were 25 weeks if I'd seen you walking down the street. with #3 too!

I can't believe you only have 61 days left.

this is probably annoying but can I just come out and guess girl? I had the worst heartburn with Tatum. I'm so sorry you are going through that!

Kai and Rori are so cute. Love all your recent posts.

AliWhitMark said...

Ash- You hardly look pregnant!! I may have to change my guess after looking at the latest photos!! :)

ashley said...

You look great! Very tiny! I too love those pretzels, so I understand your overdose completely!
For your c-section, I recommend bringing Ziploc freezer bags to the hospital. You can fill them with ice and they feel great on your belly, plus they don’t leak all over like the hospital bags. Hope all goes well- I’m voting girl.

RachelAA said...

Ash I am so excited for you and I can't believe you're almost there. You look teeny - way to go girl!!

mggolden said...

Now that we can talk about it, I know your pain on the baby name... we're going to find out if it's a boy or a girl, but either way, I think it's going to be a challenge thinking of a name(I think we can safely scratch Maxine off the list). Btw, random fact: G&G had 3 kids pregnant for about 1 entire month.

Getting all of the 'checklist' stuff done is also pretty daunting. Trying to get it done early, but I'm guessing that never happens.

Amy Wilkinson said...

You really do look great! I can't believe how small you look at 31 weeks. I am hoping for a boy!