Monday, April 11, 2011

33

Last week I turned 33. Mom, Dad, and Whit made a quick trip to visit us and it was nice to have them. Mom was on Spring Break but Kai wasn't yet, so it was great that they were able to come. Rori had a doctor appointment on my birthday morning so Kai was thrilled to have them take and pick him up from school. We hit some of our favorite restaurants here, played with new toys, and enjoyed just hanging out. Grandma and grandpa are very good at building things, giving horse rides to your baby doll, playing at the park, reading books etc.













Kai was very excited about my birthday. He put up homemade signs for me all around the house, gave Lance guidance on my gift, and planned party games- like home drawn pin the tail on the donkey, musical chairs, find the hidden bandana etc. He also made very sure that the server knew it was my birthday at dinner. Kids do make birthdays more fun as you get older.









So, I'm pretty excited about my 33 year of life. 3 has always been my favorite number and double 3 is even better. Growing up I always picked 3 or 33 for my sports jersey numbers when possible. 33 was my basketball number which has lots of great memories associated with it. So this year it turns out I'll be 33 and having my 3rd kid. Today also happens to mark week 33 in the pregnancy and we just got word that if this baby cooperates its scheduled birthday will be May 23. Do you think I am crazy yet? So here is hoping for a year of good things- maybe in 3's. :)

2 comments:

RachelAA said...

I think your love for # 3 is FANTASTIC. You look fabulous and I am so glad you had a great celebration.

DisabilityDiva said...

here's to a great year happy birthday!