Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Letters and Pictures

One of the unexpected things that we have come to really like about our house here is that it has an area downstairs in the thick of things that we have made in to a downstairs office/ homework area for the kids and I. Lance uses one of the upstairs bedrooms with a door for his office so he is happy with this arrangement as well since it means that we rarely feel the need to disturb his office. It may not be the most beautiful area usuage for a home, but it really has made it a place that we actually use a lot.

It is not my natural instinct to do art projects with my kids, so this has been a good thing for all of us. Both kids love having easy access to art supplies and a big desk. Since I got the huge desk and a bookshelf at a garage sale for $25 total I don't worry too much about damage to it which also really helps. It is holding up quite well so far though I must say.

We go through a lot of paper but have been attempting to work on a huge stack of scrap paper that was on its way to being recycled that Dad brought home. I've been shocked by how long Rori can entertain herself with coloring. Kai loves making crafts and with the help of school this year he has also really taken off with his writing. Almost everyday he brings us projects and letters he's made in "his office". I love that he is having fun being creative. Plus it is no neat to see him wanting to write and trying to figure out how to spell things. We hope this is just the beginning of developing a love of writing and reading throughout his life.

So, for memory sake here are a few of our recent favorite works of Kai:

Love Letters:




Inspired by President's Day: (I really like the self addition at the end and the pictures)


Left for Lance on the Counter:


Found on My Side of the Bathroom Sink One Morning (he usually rides the bus):

1 comment:

AliWhitMark said...

The love letters are so sweet. I am so thankful that Lance is the president of the house... and Kai!! :)