Saturday, June 23, 2007

6 Years


Yesterday was our 6 year wedding anniversary. We had a nice day and enjoyed celebrating with a little boating last night. It was a beautiful and relaxing night.

On Wednesday we went to a dinner celebration for Lance's grandparents who were celebrating their 65th wedding anniversary. We are very fortunate to have great marriage examples like them on both sides of our family. Not something that is always common these days. At the dinner there was some reflection about special family memories and what makes a marriage work. This was a nice reminder as our own anniversary approached.

I am very grateful to have found and gotten to marry my best friend. I know I have been given a great gift. We have already have a nice little collection of our own family memories and I look forward to making more.

4 comments:

jena wise said...

congratulations guys! i can't believe it's been 6 years! i still remember your gorgeous reception, and for some reason, the Bolanders being there. random memories I suppose. you and lance are both fantastic. hope to see you guys soon!

bonny with a Y said...

happy anniversary!

i remember your wedding - it was so nice - and lance's mom made those cute lunches for the kids waiting outside the temple.

i also remember being so tired - i was pregnant with esme' - and it was a gorgeous day!

hope you have many more happy anniversaries.

Wendy said...

Hey I love your blog....
especially seeing KAI :)

I NEED MORE KAI time :)

RachelAA said...

I forgot our anniversaries were so close!!!

That is the readon I didn't call you back yesterday... Andrew had just gotten back from Cali. for our anniversary... today is no excuse - just busy!!!