Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012





We had a nice Valentine's this year. Kai addressed all 22 Phineas and Ferb Valentines for his class by himself. He also took in his 30 juice boxes for their big party. He came home with a HIGE bad of loot from the party. Valentines seems to rival Halloween in the candy department. I noticed that just a few of the kids in the class were carry heart baloons at pick up- I guess it was a last minute reward to a few who were behaving as they were getting ready to go. One of Kai's good buddies made it throug the gate and then sure enough his ballon went flying up and away and out came the tears. Kai was several kids back in line so it took him a bit longer to get through the gate. He asked me who had lost their ballon and I told him how the little boy had been so sad. As we were gettting in the car we saw his friend and Kai went over and gave him his ballon without a second thought. Driving away he talked about how "doing nice stuff makes your heart feel good- much better than getting to keep a balloon". I sure love his sweet little heart. I couldn't have asked for a better Valentine gift from him.

When I asked Rori what she wanted to bring for her class she said strawberries and popcorn. Those are 2 of her all time favorite foods so I thought that was a pretty good idea. So we brought strawberries and fruit dip for the class party and then little bags of kettle corn with valentine color M&M's attached to her valentine cards for her classmates. She was pretty excited about it.

Lance brought home some sushi for dinner and Kai and I had made some cupcakes and chocolate covered strawberries in the afternoon while the girls were napping for dessert. The best part was we had all 3 kids in bed shortly after 7:30pm. Valentines Day is fun, but pretty exhausting.

I feel very lucky to have an amazing husband and 3 sweet kids to celebrate this day of love.





1 comment:

RachelAA said...

Beautiful story about Kai!