Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Antibiotic

Remember that Ear Infection that we didn't know Rori still had at her 18 month appointment last Wednesday? Well they gave her a 2nd antibiotic for it that she has been taking since then. Sunday night we noticed what looked like some bug bites on her one arm. Yesterday morning I also noticed some bumps on her legs so I decided not to give her any more medicine (last dose was Sunday night) and made a doctor appointment.

By last night it had turned in to this:




And today it lookes like this:


We've been to the doctor twice in less than the last 24 hours. They say she is fine. It is just working itself out. Looks like I will now be able to say yes when doctors ask me if my kids are allergic to anthing. Also looks like Rori won't be taking anymore penicillin for quite awhile. Good news is they checked her ears and the infection that we didn't know we still had is gone. She seems sleepy today (probably from the Benadryl) but other than that hasn't seemed too bothered or itchy by it which is a true blessing. Hoping it goes away faster than the possible 5 days the 3 doctors (who all came in to see her this morning) said it could go on for. Poor little one!

5 comments:

RachelAA said...

Oh my gosh Ash, so sad. I am itching for her!!!! I hope she feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh man. I am so sorry. My eyes are burning just looking at her picture.

BeckyB.West said...

Oh, poor little girl! That looks so miserable. She is a trooper:)

ashley said...

Poor baby! What a trooper!

disabilitydiva said...

Oh Rori! Poor thing Poor Mama!! That is frightening I am glad the infection is gone though!!!