Saturday, February 27, 2010

Antibiotic Wrap Up

We are happy to report that Rori is finally all better. What a week!

Unfortunately before things got better they got a little more complicated. We ended up going back to the doctor for our 3rd visit in 3 days on Wednesday. Tuesday night she had begun to run a slight fever that ended in a midnight call to the pediatrician to make sure that was ok- it was- but even after searching the internet we didn't know.

Wednesday morning the slight fever was coming and going but she was also had newly swollen hands and legs/ feet. Plus the hives on her legs were starting to look a little like blue bruises. So they had us come back in to check and then tell us for the 3rd time that all was still normal for a really bad reaction. By that afternoon the poor little thing had completely stopped walking on her own- we're sure her legs and feet hurt too much.

But by Thursday morning she had made great progress- the swelling was gone and we were back to just a few bumps on her face and body. That afternoon Kai came to me and said "I think Rori is feeling better because she is back to doing naughty things".

Friday she was clear and back to her little self. Hooray!!! As I said before- what a week! One more life experience down that we'd rather never repeat.

So here is a picture of the "bug bites" I took on Monday before we went to the doctor. I was sure they would be gone by our appointment so I thought I better document to show the doctor that I wasn't making them up- boy was I wrong:



This was in the thick of it:


And here she is today:

1 comment:

CA Family said...

That picture of her in the thick of it is pretty hard to look at. Wish we could have been there to help you. Boo Hoo! It is so tough...