Sunday, February 01, 2009

Little Moments









Yep, it is somehow already February. Sometimes it seems the days go by slow (we miss Daddy when he is at work), but the weeks and months really do seem to go by fast. So fast that it alarms me a little sometimes. Kai still has his little boy moments, but there are an awful lot of big boy moments these days too. It makes me want to capture in my memory the little memories of the kiddos at each stage. Like right now all of the funny things Kai says and does, Rori's soft little fingers that she slowly rubs against us while she is eating, Kai's out of the blue "I love you's" and snuggles, and the way Rori looks at Kai and just giggles for joy when he gets close enough to reach out towards. Life is funny that way- I think most of us spend a lot of it wishing for time to fast forward or go in reverse. It's hard not to sometimes.

We took a quick trip to the Zoo yesterday. The sun was shining so we bundled up the kiddos and went in search of the animals. We wondered what Rori must have been thinking of it all.







In honor of the Super Bowl today we made this Buffalo Chicken Soup in the crockpot. It was actually pretty tasty for those who enjoy an occasional spicy chicken wing but don't want to deal with bones or messy fingers. I'm a crockpot fan. I think it is great to be able to dump a buch of things in a pot in the morning and then have something smelling delicious ready to go when you get home. I don't think I'm ready to try what this lady did quite yet though. In fact that might make me hate the crockpot. :)



And one last thought:


Be clear about your goal but be flexible about the process of achieving it.
Brian Tracy

1 comment:

CA Family said...

Rori is so pretty in pink! I wish I could squeeze her! Love Kai in the chef outfit! He looks like he is having a lot of fun! Your new camera is getting some great shots. Good purchase, Lance!