Tuesday, July 31, 2007

On to Illinois





>




After the conference we headed to Illinois. Both of my parents grew up in a small town in Central Illinois. My Mom's parents, my Dad's Mom, my aunt and uncle, and my cousin all live in that same small town. It is another very special place for all of us. We had a great time visiting with everyone and getting caught up. Kai got lots of attention and had a blast. Some of the highlights for him were being spoiled by everyone, playing with my youngest cousin Morgan, getting to go to my aunt and uncles house (to see the animals, corn, ride on the gator, and have an early birthday party), and playing with the model tractors (they weren't Toro, but they said Toro doesn't make Farm tractors). It really was a wonderful time. The worst part is always saying goodbye. Kai and I parted with my parents and sister at the airport to head back to Salt Lake on our own. He thankfully had another great flight. The only bad thing was our carseat and stroller didn't make it to Salt Lake. The car seat has now shown up, but no sign of the stroller yet. Sigh.........

2 comments:

RachelAA said...

More like a grrr for me - how frustrating!!!! But welcome home and yeah for the safe journey!!! SO now we have to get together at the zoo or something!!

Emi Edgley said...

Love the picture of Kai and the water tower as well as him in the corn fields. You have quite an artistic eye. It was fun to hang out at the "park" tonight... E&S