Friday, August 03, 2007

Happily Shocked


Wednesday night the stroller appeared on our front porch. I really thought we would never see it again. It even seems to be in the condition we left it in- in other words no major signs of trauma to it. I was happily shocked. It only took me 3 calls a day Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

I learned that if you ever have to call AA baggage you press 1 for English and then remain silent when it asks you the next question 3 times. Remaining silent will shoot you to the next available customer service agent faster.

My other tip is to never allow the ticket agent people to convince you to leave the stroller at the top of the ramp. Fight this even if everyone else is leaving their strollers there because when you get to your destination they will all not have their strollers either. Then you get to wait in the problem line together while your kids are going nuts wanting to run after a long day of confined traveling. Keep in mind that you no longer have a stroller to trap them in while waiting in line.

Of all the tons of flights we have done with strollers/ wheelchairs I have never been told to this before this trip. Normally they have you leave it at the bottom next to the plane. After this instruction I questioned them twice, but I shouldn't have given in. They had just switched me to a bulkhead seat (room for Kai to stand at my feet), so I wasn't trying to rock the boat more at that point. I should have rocked.

No charge for those child friendly travel tips. :)

1 comment:

RachelAA said...

I was told to leave my stroller too - I did but I was so freakin' out! Luckily it was there despite the fact our flight was delayed. So here's my theory - we were using those Disneyland Strollers - I don't think they want to hold on to those cause they are only $20 - maybe!?!?!?