Tuesday, July 31, 2007

San Diego to St. Louis




The San Diego portion of our trip concluded with my Dad's retirement party. He is now officially retired. YIPPEEE!!! The party was really nice and packed full of lots of people who had great things to say about my Dad. My Mom also made a super DVD that they showed at the party highlighting my Dad's life and career at Marsh. Kai got lots of attention at the party and had fun playing under the tables. We were busy videotaping so I didn't get any still photos- sorry about that. My Mom was taking some, so I know she got some good ones. After the party Kai and I took Lance to the airport for his flight back home. We were sad to see Daddy go.

Kai had gotten sick over the weekend in San Diego but was doing better by the party. Unfortunately, Whitney also took a turn at having a health issue before we left. That added some stress to all the traveling, but fortunately we were all healthy enough to get on our plane the next day to the Angelman Syndrome Conference in St. Louis. We had quite the traveling adventures, but that is to be expected with my family. Good thing we generally find a way to find the humor in such situations. Kai and Whitney did great on the flight. We were super lucky to have the bulkheads and an extra seat for Kai.

My Mom's parents, and my aunt and uncle met us at the Conference which was awesome. It was the first time they had ever gotten to see other Angel kids. These conferences are very special to our family, so it was a neat thing to get to share with them.

No comments: