Saturday, May 18, 2013

Angelman Walk 2013

 
We had a fun time at the 2013 Angelman Walk in Las Vegas.  There was tons of food, a marching band, cheerleaders, trophies for each Angels family, and lots of booths and things for the kids.  At one point they announced each of the families and I had a chance to go up and speak in to the microphone for a minute about Whitney. 

Before the walk I made these picture necklaces of Whit for all of us to wear.  I was happy to have thought of that idea since she wasn't with us in person.  Several of the families had done something special which was really cool.

It is pretty neat to know that these walks are going on all over the country on the same day.  Mom and Dad were busy as usual helping coordinate the walk in San Diego which they say also was fabulous.  I love that these walks will be a part of the growing up memories for my kids.

 

No comments: