Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Family Reunion in San Diego



We got back last night from a great family reunion trip to San Diego. All of my Mom's side of the family (they all live in IL) met up in San Diego. We had a fabulous time and got in lots of fun activities in the great weather. Highlights of the trip included pool and beach time, yummy dinner at Anthony's, visiting Mt. Soledad (to see great grandpa's plaque)checking out the Seals and a huge Squid in La Jolla, some shopping, family karaoke, my cousin Michael's wife Stacy taking getting some professional photos of everyone, golf for the guys at Torrey Pines, exploring Old Town, and just being together.

Kai and Rori were spoiled beyond belief by everyone. Silly little Rori flirted with everyone but would only let the guys hold her- she is at such a funny little age. Kai was in heaven having so many people to do puzzles with, take him swimming and on and on.

As always I left wishing so badly that we lived closer to everyone. Despite living so far away I've always had such a close bond with them. My cousins Michael and Matthew have always been more like brothers and it is so fun to now have their cute wives to hang out with too. I also really love that our kids got to spend time with their great grandparents.

Lance left Sunday night and then the IL bunch left after breakfast on Monday morning. The kids and I had lunch and hung out with grandma and grandpa Whitney before catching our own flight last night. I happily survived both flights on my own with the kiddos. It was wonderful to all be together!













































2 comments:

RachelAA said...

Ahh you always have such a wonderful time there - so great! And the family picture is incredible; especially Rori's dress!!!!!!

disabilitydiva said...

So glad you had a good time with family!! The pictures of the fam with the ocean in the backdrop is SO beautiful!!! I am glad you survived the plane ride with two kids. You are such a pro!!