Sunday, August 17, 2008

Thoughts From the Last Week

-We can't believe that Kai is now 3! (And that his birthday was only a week ago- it has been quite the week). We love him so much- there are no words.
-So fun to have Grandma, Grandpa and Whitney in Utah. It was too short, but we loved getting to show them around before we went to the hospital.
-Lance and I noted in the car that it was such a strange feeling to drive to the hospital and know that we would be having a baby in just a few hours.
-Lance gives me such courage, peace of mind and strength.
-It is really strange to be laying on the table having a C-section performed on you.
-I'm extremely grateful for anesthesia and that it made it all fine 95% of that first day. I wish it hadn't made me feel pukey the other 5% of the day.
-I realized this time how much I really wanted to be home instead of being in the hospital. Thank you to the doctor that let us come home earlier than we were really supposed to.
-We are so grateful to everyone that helped to make this week so much easier for us. We have such wonderful parents that were such a help with Kai. And our siblings and their spouses are also so great.
-Every time we look at Kai now I we are even more amazed at how big, healthy, smart, loving, and wonderful he is. It is amazing to think back to him being a newborn now and see how much he has grown and developed in to the person he is now.
-Rori has been a very cooperative nurser. We struggled with Kai so I am especially grateful for this.
-Nursing is still way more of an adventure / test of my determination than anything else in the first few days- way more than the c-section recovery (which by this point is again seeming not so bad), or even the overall exhaustion of it all.
-Rori is so tiny. It is so strange to have someone so little in our lives again. Especially someone you can put in pink. Her fingers, toes, and legs do seem long though. :)
-I am VERY grateful. Especially for my husband, for Kai, and for the opportunity to have Rori in our lives. I am also extremely grateful for the health of each of us.
-I hope and pray for strength for all of us at this time to handle our new challenges, to be able to enjoy this special time, and to grow closer together as our family has added a special new addtion.

1 comment:

jena wise said...

I'm hopeful that your recovery will be less painful and much faster this time since you didn't have to labor for so long before the C this time. Regardless, yes, laying on a table and having that surgery is an experience you can't quite explain. But it works... and sure seems to bring out some cute babies! Go pink! :)