Saturday, August 23, 2008

Catch up on summer stuff

This is Lance. Although I am not the primary blogger, I like to check in once in awhile to post some pictures for events Ashleigh was not involved with. Here are three:

GRAND CANYON TRIP: June 20-23 (Lance Sorenson, Dave Mullins, Matt Sherry, Geoff Wright and Jess Dalton)

Day One: North Rim to Phantom Ranch
Day Two: Phantom Ranch to Roaring Springs
Day Three: Roaring Springs to North Rim

All told, we did about 30 miles in 48 hours.

The last time I hiked the Grand Canyon, I think I was about 40 pounds lighter. And I felt it.









KAI AND DADDY SUPER DATE: Beginning of August

Bowling: (I bowled my best score and Kai was the only one there to witness it). Kai came in at 109 - not too shabby.

(No pictures survived.)

Sleeping in Tent in backyard:





Most common quote: "What was that noise?"

Fishing/Waterskiing/Tubing



Lunch at the Roadside Diner in Oakley

(No pictures survived.)



HIKING TO LAKE SOLITUDE WITH DADDY, GRANDPA AND COUSIN JAKE: August 23





Quote for day:

Grandpa: "Let's not sit on our patooties."
Kai: "I think we should sit on rocks."

2 comments:

CA Family said...

You are a very good blogger, Lance! I can't believe Kai is out there on that tube- brave! His comments are so funny! You're a good daddy!! What a summer!

RachelAA said...

You are a great addition Lance - keep joining us :)