Saturday, April 21, 2007

Checking It Off

I am a check-list person. Always have been and probably always will be. I love making a list of to do's and then marking them off. I will even put stuff on a day's list that I have already done so that I can make that check. Sad but true.

So, this last week has been full of lots of checks which thus makes me happy. Thanks to the encouragement of some birthday money. gift cards from my parents, Lance's parents, and my grandparents (THANK YOU, THANK YOU) I was finally able to get organized and make some purchases I have been slow on for quite awhile. So happily we now have real dining table chairs, a DVD player that might actually make it through a whole movie, a crock pot with a cool timer, warming setting, and 2 (yes 2) working handles, and an organzier for my closet (I think I've posted about how I love an organized closet before). In addition I also got our family photo album updated to last Christmas which is one of those projects that has been looming over me for awhile.







In other news we had playgroup at our house on Wednesday. The kids are 1 month older, 1 1/2 weeks older, and 3 weeks younger than Kai. They are so super cute and funny to watch. One of the Mom's is also the groups new nursery leader at Church so that has been good too. I didn't have my camera, but one of the other Mom's did, so if I get it from her I'll post it.

The weather this week started super nice, then we had SNOW, and right now it is sunny and nice again. This makes dressing Kai more of a challenge as I'm never quite sure if he is going to freeze of fry. After all the nice weather a few weeks ago he now thinks that playing outside should happen all day, so trying to explain to him that it was too cold on the snow day didn't go over so well.

2 comments:

RachelAA said...

Ash your shopping adventure is the best!!! How exciting. And your chairs look so cute. Way to go Ash - there's nothing like organization! It can bring a smile to my face any time! By the way - yeah for playgroups... I look forward to those in the future.

jena wise said...

Very impressive! I too LOVE lists. And definitely am one to add on already-accomplished to-do's.
How fun to have kids so close in age to Kai! It's a great age when you can pick their friends based on how much you like their moms :)