Tuesday, January 30, 2007

It's Been Too Long

We've been slow on our posting lately so here are some updates.

Last Saturday we drove up to Park City/ Heber. It was nice to get up in the mountains and fresh air. We've been having something called an inversion here in Salt Lake which basically means the air isn't too great. We had lunch in Heber at the Dairy Keen (yes that isn't a typo). It is a super cool place full of trains- one is even on a track up high that loops all around the place. Kai was in heaven. Here he is by one of the ones outside.

On Feb. 11 Kai will turn 18 months old which means that he gets to officially start going to Nursery at Church. We have 3 nursery classes in our building which is tons. The class the he will be going in to only has 2 kids in it right now because there are several kids right around Kai's age that will be adding to it over the next few months. So, the nice teachers have been letting Kai come check it out for the last few weeks. So far, Kai goes running in to the room and doesn't even look back for his Dad or I. They have tons of toys, music time, stories, a lesson, and they even get a snack so he thinks it is great. We just hope that this keeps up. On Sunday he was in there the whole time. So far so good.

In other Kai news he is currently obsessed with puzzles. We got him a few new ones and he already has them mastered. He can do them faster than I can. :)
I finally have accomplished a few projects that have been on my list forever. Yesterday, I was feeling quite handy when I pulled out the tool box and got a few things done- re-setting some door handles, adjusting my closet bars etc. What I am really excited about is I FINALLY got our London album and Kai's 1st year album done. Kai has a baby book too, but this book is just pictures. We have taken tons of pictures of him but have only gotten a few developed because they have all been digital. Now I just need to work on getting our family album updated.

3 comments:

jena wise said...

Cute pictures! We are THRILLED that we are almost in Nursery. 3 more months. Free baby-sitting and they teach them! What more could you ask for? :) I'm glad Kai likes it so far - we really hope our guys do too. They have each other, so I don't think it'll be a problem. Glad you got your projects finished!

RachelAA said...

That is the BEST feeling - getting STUFF done!!! Yeah for the albums, they will be tons of fun to look through! I am glad you guys are back - we have missed yoU!

mindy said...

Great job on the albums! I can only hope that one day Charlie will go to nursery so well.