Sunday, October 01, 2006

General Conference


I had the cool opportunity to go to the Priesthood Session of LDS General Conference last night. I had the even cooler opportunity to enter the Conference Center via the underground tunnel from Temple Square that the VIPs use. (I wasn't a VIP, just a VIP groupie). As we were taking the long walk through the tunnel, we saw church leaders zipping by on golf carts. (Yamaha) We entered the Conference center from behind the rostrum and that's a good way to take in how massive the building is. It holds 21,000 people, but everyone has a good view and the acoustics are good. The meeting was powerful, as usual. This was the second time in two weeks that I attended a priesthood meeting at the conference center. Two weeks ago, we went to a regional conference meeting where President Faust and Elder Bednar held a question and answer session. (I didn't ask any questions). Anyway, good times.

No comments: