Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The hardest hue to hold

Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.  (RF)
 




 
I traveled to Utah the first weekend of October to spend time with my Dad, brother, brother-in-law and other family members and friends.
Dad, Tyler and I tried a restaurant we hadn't been to before - Flemings.
Friday morning I fulfilled a longtime desire to play golf in Autumn at Wasatch Mountain State Park.  Thanks to Matt Wirthlin and Walt Romney for making it enjoyable and thanks to Dave Cook for joining us at Tarajumara for lunch after.
The first trip over Guardman's Pass took me to my cousin Curtis Rodriquez's wedding at the Wasatch club at Brighton Ski Resort.
 Thanks to Aunt Tracy for making Mom's chocolate oblivion cake, a process that literally takes days.
The second trip over Guardsman's Pass took my dad and me to BYU's football game against Utah State.

The next day we watched and attended General Conference. I appreciated this talk.
http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/10/because-i-live-ye-shall-live-also?lang=eng

I also liked President Uchtdorf's warning about the dangers of excessive social media. I was live-tweeting it.  #irony  #calltorepentance

Finally, I did a little work on our house there.  #goodmemories

It just occurred to me that Frost's poem is about spring and dawn. Odd. I always thought it was about Autumn and dusk.  Oh well; still works.








1 comment:

RachelAA said...

Great post.