Sunday, July 17, 2011

Guest Blogger - Kai Sorenson - Trip to Illinois



Last Thursday, I flew to Illinois with Grandma Whitney. Aunt Peg and Great-Grandpa and Grandma Illinois picked us up at the airport in Bloomington and we drove to LeRoy. The next day, I went on the tractor and semi-truck with Mom's cousin Matt. I also went to the dollar store and Great Grandma bought me cool toys. That night, we ate pizza at Aunt Peg and Uncle Brud's house. We went on the Gator and I got to drive it. The following day, I went golfing with Matt, Brud and Michael while the girls were at the baby shower for Stacy. The bigger boys would hit their ball onto the green and then I would put my ball on the green and hit it into the hole. We played nine holes. When we got back to Peg and Brud's house, we rode on the Gator - AGAIN. I dumped Michael off the back (all the way) three times!!! That night, while Grandma was at a high school reunion, I went to McDonalds with Great-Grandma to Grandpa. Then I went to Matt, Amy, and cute baby Quinn's house to play WII. I hit two home-runs over 560 feet!! The next day (Sunday), Peg came over for breakfast, then she left. Then Michael and Matt came over and they said goodbye to us. Then we had lunch at a restaurant by the airport. We flew on the airplance to Dallas. Then we flew to Las Vegas where I live. Then Grandma stayed the night with us. The next day, she left to San Diego very early in the morning.

Thanks to everyone who made my trip so special!!



































2 comments:

RachelAA said...

What a little MAN!!!

CA Family said...

Hi Kai!

You did a great job remembering all we did on our trip to Illinois. You did forget to mention that joke you made up. "Why did the chicken cross the playground?... to get to the other slide!"

Thanks for coming with me!
Love,
Grandma Whitney