Thursday, October 21, 2010

Craft Night

Our Church Relief Society had a craft night last Friday with some pretty cute options of things to make. Generally speaking I find crafting to be a bit overwhelming due to my lack of artistic talent and vision. But these crafts were fun and relatively easy- even for someone like me. Plus I thought this might be a good activity to help me get to know some more people from here.

They had several projects you could pick from but I decided on two items.

The first was these letter blocks which involved doing some sanding, painting, and super easy vinyl lettering. The time challenge with this project was the sanding and the multiple coats of paint needed. We made 10 blocks that have 4 different letters on each block. I'm excited for these because you can spell out all sorts of words with them for the various seasons and holidays (like Autumn, Snow, Mother etc.). I think they turned out pretty good- if you don't study them to closely or compare them to others. Some people would sand the edges a little again now to give them a more rustic look, but I'm thinking I don't want to push my luck and perhaps mine are rustic enough already due to my (lack of) painting/ sanding skills.



The second took me about 1 minute total to do which is my sort of project. We just used the easy vinyl letter things again to decorate a piece of plexi-glass. Now I'll just get a cute piece of ribbon to lace through the holes at the top to hang it and we'll have a fun Valentine's day decoration.

2 comments:

RachelAA said...

I'm really starting to enjoy crating so I thank you for these ideas. I have to come up with them for my calling, and these are perfect :) You did a fabulous job!

DisabilityDiva said...

Good for you!! As you know I'm craft challenged! You project looks great!!