Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Wheels on the Bus

Kai has been begging me to let him ride the bus. I'm not sure if it is the bus or the fact that you get a wristband if you are rider that is most motivating for him. I always rode the bus growing up. I had 2 reasons for just taking and picking him up myself.

1) If he rides it in the morning he doesn't get time to play on the playground and since they don't get a recess I think this is important.

2) It takes me just as long to walk to the bus stop as it does to drive to the school. Anyway, we've made a deal. I get to take him in the mornings and he gets to ride the bus home in the afternoons. When asked how school was this week he replies: "Good- I got to ride the bus!" He said they sang "wheels on the bus" on the way home on Friday. The other perk to just riding home is it is only kindergartners on the bus.

So for now we are both happy with the compromise. We'll see what we both think in another month or so. :)

Waiting for the bus:


Here it comes:


Loving it:


3 comments:

BeckyB.West said...

Cute new updates! Kai is getting so big, look at him on that bus! How fun you got to have the Wilkinsons come for a visit. Bet Kai and Amanda miss each other. I'm sure I will have my fair share of "Mama Bear" moments:) Glad you shared this story. Good luck this year!

RachelAA said...

Wow I can't believe it - what a stud he is. How fun!!

Melisse said...

hey!! Just read that you have moved to Henderson. WOW! My sister lives in Vegas, and we visit her quite a bit. I will have to call you the next time we are down there. No more cold Utah days for you! melisse