Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wednesday Surprise

Wednesday was another fun filled day for us. In the morning Kai had a special date with Grandma Utah to the Red Balloon Toy Store to pick out his birthday gift. He thought the store was great and it seems like they must have been studying all of the toys very closely. I can tell he put a lot of thought in to his choices. :)

After a quick lunch he headed to Kids Camp and Rori and I ran some quick errands. She and I got home about 20 minutes before it was time to pick him up so we brought in the groceries and sat down for a minute. All of the sudden there was a knock on the door so we went to answer it and got a HUGE surprise. Standing on our doorstep were............Grandma and Grandpa Whitney!

Talk about the best birthday surprise ever for Rori and Kai. We were thrilled! They had taken a shuttle from the airport and had it drop them off at the bottom of our street so they wouldn't be spotted. I'm so glad Rori and I got home just minutes before them. So after a quick hello we headed up to Kids Camp to pick up and surprise Kai. It was so cute to watch his face as he rounded the corner to find them standing there.





He headed over to the hotel pool to swim with them while Rori took her afternoon nap and then they came back in time to surprise Lance by jumping out of Rori's room when he got home from work. Later they also snuck up on Brice, Colleen and Tyler when they came for the party.



This was Grandma and Grandpa Whitney's 3rd trip to UT since we've been living here. The other 2 times were when Kai and Rori were born. This trip was a really big deal because they left Whitney overnight with a babysitter (other than me) for the 1st time ever. No easy task. We missed Whitney but we were thrilled that they were able to get away for a night. I kept feeling like I must be dreaming.


(My Dad would like to have it noted that he was not in a fight but rather had a little skin surgery causing his awesome black eye)





2 comments:

RachelAA said...

What a wonderful surprise - SO exciting!!!

Jennifer Woods said...

Sean and I saw them in San Diego a few weeks ago. They told us they were coming to see you but I couldn't tell. Boy am I glad I can keep a secret. What fun!!!