Sunday, April 20, 2008

Good Job Daddy!

So we seem to have a trend in our house. Two notable things appear to happen when we are preparing for a new baby to enter our family. I get semi obsessed with getting projects done before the new addition gets here (otherwise known in the pregnancy world as nesting I suppose) and Lance gets on a running kick.

When I was pregnant with Kai he was really disciplined with his running and was covering distances that I think of as quite as quite a way to even drive. Unfortunately, shortly after Kai was born Lance entered the world of new attorney billable hours and the running was mostly put on the back burner. Now we are expecting again and he's apparently decided that he can sleep even less in order to find a little time for running.

So yesterday he participated in the SLC Marathon 5K for fun. Kai and I were very impressed by how easy he made it seem. Keep in mind that we are still having occasional snow these days so it isn't ideal training weather in my mind. This is where it should be noted that I grew up in CA.

Now if only his running could do something for my growing baby belly. :)

1 comment:

RachelAA said...

I find this very interesting - don't most men gain pounds with their growing wife?? Way to go Lance - that's the way to prepare I think, very healthy!!!